Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year's Resolutions

Hey y'all.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year's Day! I got in my traditional New Year's meal, so 2014 should entail lots of pennies, dollars, and good health. Lets hope! I also got in two of my most favorite casseroles once more before hopping back aboard the fitness train; corn and pineapple. 

I've been thinking about resolutions. This year I'm thinking to just keep one big one. And it's to just be a better version I myself. Stereotypical, maybe. But I think it'll make things a lot easier. 

Instead of really focusing on a weight loss  number of pounds, I want to just become   healthier. I want to make working out part of my daily routine because it's good me; not just good for my bikini body. 

I also want to be a better wife, mother, and housekeeper. I've seemed to have gotten lazy in the last 6 months, y'all. I've let laundry and dishes pile up like nobody's business. (As it shouldn't be. It's gross!) As far as being a better wife and mother goes, I know I'm not bad at either. But there's always areas in both I could improve in. Like, spending more one-on-one time with Mackenna and making it a priority to do the same with Darren. 

And lastly, but surely not least. In fact, this may be the most important. I want to strengthen my faith. 2013 held some
pretty big triumphs and struggles for me. I truly believe that if it wasn't for The Lord, they either wouldn't have happened or I wouldn't have made it through. Last year I prayed and prayed and prayed for God to bring me closer to him. (And for his help with a few specific things.) I feel like he definitely did that for me and I do feel closer to him. Now I need to do my part in thanking him and living my life how I think he wants me to. 

-----

I'm working on a decent little overhaul for the blog too. I want to add a specific spot for my photography as well as a few other things. I like to talk too much to only focus on one topic! I can't wait to connect with some new blog friends! Have a great rest of the week!

-Jenn

1 comment:

  1. I have the same goal and I love the ones you made! Happy New Year pretty girl! <3

    ReplyDelete